Lake Muskoka cottages for Sale
Lake Muskoka real estate is showcased on the largest of the freshwater lakes in the Muskoka region. Below you will find a comprehensive list of current Lake Muskoka cottages for sale. Start researching Lake Muskoka real estate here or sign up to receive new listings as soon as they are available. Our listings are updated hourly.
Lake Muskoka Real Estate Listings
|All Listings||$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000|
|$600,000 - $700,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||$1,000,000 - $1,500,000|
|$1,500,000 - $2,000,000||$3,000,000 - $4,000,000||$4,000,000 - $5,000,000|
Lake Muskoka Cottage Lifestyle
Lake Muskoka is the largest lake in Muskoka, in fact, both Lake Rosseau and Lake Joseph could fit into Lake Muskoka's boundaries. Dotted with over 430 islands, this world-class vacation destination attracts families from across Southern Ontario, the United States and around the globe.
Lake Muskoka is less than two hours north of Toronto and is ideal for busy southern Ontario executives. With easy access from the Muskoka District Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport or private float plane service to your dock, Lake Muskoka offers a world-class luxury destination. You can find additional information about Lake Muskoka here: MNR Lake Fact Sheet.
The entire Muskoka area is often referred to as the "Hamptons of the north", attracting movie stars, sports icons and successful business people. Yet despite its wealth, people are relaxed, courteous and friendly in this summer oasis.
- There's the iconic Beaumaris Yacht Club, which has its roots in the early 1900s.
- Gravenhurst has the Muskoka Wharf, the home port of the RMS Segwun steamship. The Muskoka Steamship and Discovery Centre – Learn about Muskoka's long-standing steamship and wooden boat history. The Murray Walker Grace & Speed boathouse displays North America’s largest in-water collection of beautiful wooden boats.
- Port Carling - The village of Port Carling located in the northwest area of Lake Muskoka where the locks connect Lake Muskoka to Lake Rosseau and Lake Joe. Incorporated as a village in June 1896, Port Carling is known as the "Hub of the Lakes". During peak season enjoy shopping at a range of unique small boutiques and gift stores. Visit Muskoka Living Interiors, Liz at the Lake and Peaks & Rafters for the latest in furniture, art and interior design trends. Art galleries like Red Canoe Gallery will entice you to add to your collection.
Muskoka Food Scene
- Food in Port Carling during the peak season - Step out on the patio for lunch or dinner at Portside Fusion or Turtle Jack's and, there's a sports bar inside. Try Tulo's Taqueria for a casual lunch or a late dinner overlooking the water at the locks! Visit Stephen's Butcher Shop for the finest and freshest fish and quality meats, the Field of Greens for all your epicurean needs plus they offer a great selection of fresh cut flowers. The local LCBO has the best wine selection in Muskoka.
- Bala - Make sure to check out the Cottage Butcher for a great selection of quality meat, fish and a range of cheese to satisfy the cheese lover in your family. Ice Dreams Soda Shop in the centre of Bala is a vintage ice cream parlour serving up ice cream, sorbets and doggie treats, amid vintage coca cola memorabilia. An LCBO, local post office, grocery store and unique gift stores like Twig offer you and your guests the opportunity to get some shopping taken care of. Drop by the KEE to Bala for a late evening concert, some of the best acts have played here.
- Torrance - Stop at the patio of Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint for an amazing pizza, one of their 2 locations in Muskoka.
Lake Muskoka Cottage Prices
Cottages on Lake Muskoka range in price from just under $1M for a smaller lot with a basic older cottage to upwards of $7M for an impressive 6,000 square foot, 5-6 bedroom newer cottage and a two-story boathouse with living accommodations above. The average price selling price for a cottage on Lake Muskoka was just over $1.6M for 2018. Cottage prices on Lake Muskoka have steadily risen over the past 10 years, making ownership a good investment as well.
Looking for the best Realtors in Muskoka? Whether you are buying or selling, Gord Waites and his team offer outstanding service as licenced professionals through the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO) and have lived and worked in Muskoka for 20 years. We have all the latest MLS listings and a thorough knowledge of the area, the lakes and amenities. We are the #1 Real Estate Team in Muskoka for Johnston & Daniel, Rushbrooke Realty for 2018 and winners of the prestigious Gairdner Award.
Johnston & Daniel is the Luxury brand of Royal LePage and is The Standard of Excellence in Real Estate. Johnston & Daniel and Royal LePage are 100 percent Canadian owned with over 17,000 realtors across Canada.